Friday, February 04, 2005

Language. Sex. Violence. Decent Song?

I thought I would never say it, but The Stereophonics new song Dakota is actually pretty good, in fact it slightly rocks. This stuns me as I hate The Stereophonics to the point of wanting to go in HMV and burn all their albums as much as the next man but stunned I am. It's certainly nothing totally new, it's very much like some of their earlier work, the drumming from Argentinean Javier Weyler [who?]is also pretty exceptional. Whether this is the return of the Stereophonics as we know and love them is still uncertain but it's a start, and whether the introduction of the new drummer or the absence of Stuart Cable is what makes this song and potentially album this good, we shall have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home