Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Good, The Bad And The eBay

The Bay

I recently did a favor for my uncle who had been hearing "great things" about eBay, he asked me to put a tandem bicycle [see above picture] he had made up for sale, he only wanted £50.00 for it and I figured I could get that. I started the bidding at a reasonable £30.00 but with a reserve of £55.00, bidding started slow, it stayed at £32.00 for a while, then began jumping nearly £20.00 at a time. By the end of the 10 day auction over 900 people had viewed the bike and it had over 15 bids with a final price of £153.00. However this is when things went wrong, the winning bidder came out to see the bike and decided "it wasn't for him" and that "it wasn't actually worth that much money" and caused my uncle some serious hassle, my uncle eventually gave in to the man and told him to bugger off. The winning bidder incidentally had a feedback of 0 and had only been a member for a couple of weeks, and was a serious time waster, I could have taken things further...I could have pursued The Ebayer until he eventually caved and paid us the money he legally owed us but I didn't, I came to the conclusion this would be too much hassle, besides I was happy to offer the bike to the next highest bidder. However I am still undecided as whether to leave negative feedback to this users account as they may in turn decide they are going to leave me with negative feedback. Anyway I think I have pretty much summed up all that is good and bad with eBay, the bad being certain stupid people...Something the world is sadly plagued with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home