Monday, June 20, 2005

Sin City



IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792
Release Date: June 2005 (UK)
Running Time: 124 minutes

I'm not a fan of film noir, and to be honest I didn't have a clue what Sin City was before venturing out to the cinema. But maybe that is one of the reasons Sin City is one of my favorite films of 2005 because I had no pre-conceptions of what to expect, no hopes to dash and no expectations to meet. So yeah, it's good. Most notably the performances of Bruce "Yipee K Ay Mother Fucker" Willis as Hartigan, Mickey "Spun" Rourke as Marv, Elijah "hobbit" Wood as the scary as fuck Kevin and Clive "Closer" Owen as Dwight. It's superbly well directed, bringing the comic to life literally (even though I have never actually seen the comic myself but I have heard other people comment :P) using the same kind of technique they used on Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow (shooting everything against a blue screen) If you thought Kill Bill Vol's 1/2 was gory and or explicit you have seen nothing, this is an 18 rated film in every conceivable way. It's heavily stylized and you will either love the dialogue or hate it but there's plenty here for everyone to enjoy, even a brief moment of humor amid the chaotic violence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home